To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: new rangefinder cameras
From: tom.kidd@zetnet.co.uk (tom kidd)
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 20:09:21 +0100

>Does anyone else have any gossip on the new rangefinders, especially any detail
>on what Nikon may be planning?

Lets hope the new Contax G2 has a system whereupon pressing the button the
shutter fires instantly instead of waiting for the lens to catch up with
the focusing.Other than that it seemed a lovely camera.

Canon emailed me to say that they have no planns for a rangefinder
camera.Sad but true,so lets hope Nikon come up with something.Call me a
philistine or an impatient idiot but I cannot cope with trying to reload an
M6 quickly.