To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica Public Offering
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 22:55:52 PST

** Reply to note from Joel Tlumak <JT@JMBM.COM> Mon, 02 Sep 1996 19:50:46 -0700

> to mean that Leica prices will go down (the good news)
> and in the long run so will Leica quality.

If it's American stockholders, I have no doubt this will happen. Nothing
comes before $$ on Wall Street. Let's hope the Leica stockhoders care
something about quality, or the downward trend will begin.

That's just my opinion, but can anyone name one single products anywhere
in the world that improved after going public? I don't know, I'm
wondering if I should worry, based on what I've heard in my own industry,
quality is way down the list after profits to stockholders.

Regards,

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR