To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Seriously low resolution Russian lens?
From: "joe b." <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 01:50:22 +0100

I just looked into the plastic tub my 1972 Russian 85/2 LTM lens came in
and there was a certificate in the bottom, which calmly states that the
central resolution is 33 lines/mm and edge resolution is 18 lines/mm.
I haven't seen the results of this lens in real life yet, but this
cetificate makes me wonder about it. Even medium format lenses seem to
typically have about 90-100 lines/mm central resolution. Even the
Lubitel in Amateur Photographer tests got 90 lpm for the central area...
I think I must be comparing different testing methods. Any comments?
--
joe b.