To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica logo
From: istr1848@fox.nstn.ca
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 1996 18:30:01 -0700

C.M. Fortunko wrote:

> LUGgers,
>
> I just heard a rumor (from a local Leica dealer) that the old red logo is
> now kaput. Leica will have a new logo.

Yes, this is true. Actually they changed the logo about 3 months ago.
The Microscopy and instruments divisions will continue to use the old
"script" logotype. The Leica Camera Group wanted a distictive logo of
their own to underscore their independence from the other Leica
companies. The new logo consists of the old "red dot" logo with "LEICA"
in bold-face type to the right of the dot. This is similar to the way
these elements have appeared on the cameras for several years now. I
have attached a sample of the new logo for your viewing pleasure.

JPEG image