To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: R8
From: David Young <youngs@IslandNet.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 96 10:23 PDT

At 08:21 PM 13/09/96 -0700, you wrote:

>As expected there is a lot of excitement about the R8. The new camera is
>bulkier, and at 890 grams it's not light but once you handle one, you'll
>fall in love. I know I did.

>Roger J. Flanigan

The photos at Erwin Puts' site are fascinating.  From what I've seen, I
think the camera is gorgeous!

But, Roger, I have one question:

The body looks quite different than what I've seen in the local shops.  Is
it based on another makers body (as were the R4 thru 7) or is it entirely a
LEICA design?  It doesn't really matter - just curious.

Thanks for this and any other *fun* R8 information you can share.
David Young: youngs@IslandNet.com

	I Cook with wine. Sometimes,
		I even put it in the food.

Replies: Reply from "Roger J. Flanigan" <istr1848@fox.nstn.ca> (Re: R8)