To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: R8
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 09:41:39 -0700

At 09:09 AM 9/17/96 -0400, you wrote:
>At 12:14  17/09/96 -0700, you wrote:

>How about expanding the statement to mean Contax. Without getting into a
>Contax/Leica fight, I just want to say that the new AX is a beautiful camera
>and its autofocus system makes me ALMOST want an autofocus camera. It would
>have been great if Leica had licensed that technology for the R8. Obviously
>Kyocera (with Porshe design) can and does make some handsome equipment. It
>is not beyond reality that they had a hand in the design of the physical
>characteristice of the R8.

I did hear somewhere that Leica was in on the committee to desgin the
autofocus system for the AX with some of the AF technology they've been
working on over the past two decades.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

A husband said to his wife, "No, I don't hate your relatives. In fact, I
like your mother-in-law better than I like mine.

Replies: Reply from "Roger J. Flanigan" <istr1848@fox.nstn.ca> (Official Leica Camera AG web site)