To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: R8
From: dlevy@worldy.com
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 17:14:23 -0400

At 09:41  17/09/96 -0700, you wrote:

>I did hear somewhere that Leica was in on the committee to desgin the
>autofocus system for the AX with some of the AF technology they've been
>working on over the past two decades.
>
>===========
>Eric Welch
>Grants Pass, OR
>
>A husband said to his wife, "No, I don't hate your relatives. In fact, I
>like your mother-in-law better than I like mine.

I remember seeing a  photo in one of the Leica books of an autofocus Leica
(built around an SL I think). If you are correct, then it is all the more
reason that they could have come out with AF in the R8. I couldn't imagine
why they would give Contax such a lead in manufacturing the system. It can
only cost Leica market share. Well, maybe they will come out soon with an
R9(?) with it.
Brian Levy, J.D.
Toronto, Ont.
dlevy@worldy.com