To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Titanium lenses - special order?
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@gdipa.Unibase.COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 18:54:50 -0600 (CST)

> At 04:33 PM 9/16/96 -0600, George Huczek  wrote:
>
> >... I would like to know if the Titanium lenses
> >are available only by special order. They are not illustrated
> >in the Leica M catalog.
>

> Whatever is the "Leica M catalog"?

Sorry if my posting was confusing. To a Leica-wannabe-user, like
myself, I was referring to the information available in brochures
at camera shops in Canada, outlining the M6.
   Perhaps I should explain. I want to purchase an M6, but I am
   struggling, much like I did when I bought my first Hasselblad,
   because of the cost.
For the time being, I can only afford the body and one or two
lenses. I am struggling over some rather trivial issues, like
which of the three available bodies to go with (is it just a matter
of preference, as I suspect?). If I go with the titanium body,
I wanted to know if any of the available lenses can be ordered
with the titanium finish.
   Dumb ... It seems as if this is a cosmetic consideration only.
   Perhaps I should try to decide which of the available lenses
   to get. This is even more of a bummer. I've photographed for
   20 years, using mainly fixed focal length lenses, so the decision
   should be fairly straightforward, but it's not.
Help me out here. Can any of you relate to the kinds of things
I am going through? If so, I would appreciate your advice.

--
George Huczek
Internet: ghuczek@gdipa.unibase.com