To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: R8
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 19:36:06 -0700

At 07:07 AM 9/18/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Perhaps a cold shower would help. Eric.

No doubt.

>The M6, well, that's my carry around, street box. Also, flash hasn't been a
>factor, but if fill flash outdoors becomes a factor, maybe I'll look
>seriously at the R8. I am quite interested in how they do the "easy loading"
>even in manual advance mode. Sure would like that on an M6!

I took my R7 out today to work and shot most of my assignments with it and
the 24 Elmarit. I had forgotten how pleasurable it is to shoot with the R7.
It's one fine camera. And it is so smooth, quiet and compact compared to
the EOS1n. I think I'll just keep it this way for a while and when the R8s
motors come out, I'll give it a serious look then. The motor won't be out
for a year according to Leica's web page, so that gives me some time,
though my EOS1n isn't getting any younger.

Speaking of my assignments, one I photographed today was the installation
of an exhibition of underwater photography by Al Giddings (and some others)
at the Museum of Natural History in Ashland, Oregon. Anyone passing by and
interested in underwater photography at National Geographic should check
out this exhibit. It's about 35 miles from the California border on I-5. No
Leica stuff, but inspiration! There's a picture I already want to buy and
put on my wall!

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

A husband said to his wife, "No, I don't hate your relatives. In fact, I
like your mother-in-law better than I like mine.