To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Quality of older M lenses
From: "Roger L. Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 07:52:39 -0700 (MST)

>Well Marc.
>Legends never die.
>Let's propose the ultimate and factbased comparison test.
>1.I could arrange a visit to the factory to look at modern production
>techniques, and discuss optical matters with the topcats there.
>2. You all could use the benchmark equipment as it is installed at the
>Dutch representative
>3. We could make a one or two day workshop in which to investigate all the
>aspects that are under scrutinity.
>
>Only snag!
>The persons interested have to cross the ocean. But if some of you are
>interested and rich enough to do so. I from my part would be happy tohelp
>organise such an event.
>Erwin Puts

Certainly geld will not be the problem for Leica fanciers. Making the time
in our busy schedules would be the logistical hurdle to clear, not?  :-)
This has possibilities, Erwin. Anyone care to comment on their availability?
My wife and I are planning on Fotokina 1998. Is that too far off for what
Erwin is talking about?
     --
     Roger Beamon,  Naturalist & Photographer
                               Docent:  Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum