To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: R8
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 00:56:56 -0700

At 11:33 PM 9/19/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Which lenses do you like (find most useful) on the R7?

In my experience, I'd have to say the 35 1.4 Summilux R is a superb
combinatoin wtih the R7. It balances nicely with the Motor R attached. The
180 2.8 Elmarit is very nice too, focuses close and with the 1.4 Apo
converter gives you a 242mm f/4 lens with very good performance. The 180
Apo telyt doesn't work with this converter. I also like the 90 summicron
with the R7. Very compace, very fast and useful tool. In fact, I'd say the
heavier lenses work well with it because it's such a substantial camera,
but it's also compace, so the motor or winder really makes it balance
nicely with the big lenses. The 280 Apo telty 2.8 is also very nice to use,
but heavy and bulky. Don't carry it all day on teh shoulder, you'll develop
a permanent lean. :-)

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

"More hay, Trigger?" "No thanks, Roy, I'm stuffed!"