To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M6 Meter
From: "Charles E. Albertson" <chucko@eskimo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 20:11:46 -0700

Ole---
     It's been my experience that the M6's LED don't give false exposure
readings when the batts start to give up the ghost; rather, the display gets
a bit dimmer for a short time, and then disappears altogether.
     I *have* observed the erroneous exposure readings you experienced, but
wound up attributing it to either a slight misalignment of the gold contacts
between the back flap and the body of the camera, or dirt or some other
contaminant on the contacts. About all I could do for it was rewind the film
(almost all the way into the cassette), open up the camera, blast the
contacts with canned air, rub 'em with the proverbial clean cloth, reload
and button everything up again. Might try this before popping in new batts,
and add the gold contacts as just another thing to double-check when you're

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.