To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: pictures on the Net
From: Fred Ward <fward@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 11:56:32 -0400
Cc: trachtman@blackstar.com

To the Leica group:

The other day Curt Miller posted a very nice note about some of my work
in a vintage photography book (I am reasonably sure this is the set of
photographs in the Metropolitan Museum of Art Collection).

Anyway, that prompted several complimentary personal messages, which I
appreciate. And that prompted me to point out that some of my journalism
work is currently on the WEB as part of Black Star s 60th Anniversary
Exhibit pages (in cooperation with Kodak).

First go to:

http://www.blackstar.com

and click on the Defining Images box.

Under those 6 new choices you will find some of my pictures in:

Politics - several famous and infamous political figures

People - Elvis, Golda Meir, Jackie Kennedy Onassis

Americana - The Beatles in their first USA concert 1964

Industry - computer graphics and hasardous wastes

Also:
There is a Chinese performer in makeup at:

http://www.blackstar.com/about/stockphoto.html

I try to keep my pictures off the WEB at any resolution due to the theft
problem and the general tendency among NET surfers to ignore copyright
notices. But in this case and for my lifelong agency, Black Star, I
thought this was a worthwhile use in a handsome colection of pictures.
The concept was to show a cross-section of Black Star coverage over the
decades.

Black Star also has a very nice WEB site I think, with great depth. And
the images in the regular sales area are always changing. It is useful
to check in every month just to see what is new.

Fred Ward