To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica alternatives
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 22:43:41 -0700

At 08:32 AM 9/24/96 -0600, you wrote:
>As far as an alternative to Leica, I would go with the Nikon over Canon. I
really
>dislike Canon from  a quality standpoint. Although Canon is very up to date
>with bells and whistles they are no longer durable.  Yes the Nikon lenses
may
>be colder in color rendition, yes the Nikon lenses focus the opposite

Since this is a Leica list, I'll be short. Canon is every bit as good as
Nikon. My EOS1n and 70-200 2.8 L are every bit as durable as anything Nikon
makes, and Nikon's AF lenses are not what "they used to be."

But why live with alternatives, unless there is a compelling reason to?
Mine was 1/250 flash sync and speed and AF.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

Analogies in writing are like feathers on a snake.