To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Help needed
From: John Cooper <John@fireship.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 07:43:48

In article: <v01530500ae6eff67c252@[205.218.86.16]>
wilcox@umcc.umich.edu writes:

> The black dial and red dial cameras are slighly different.The
black dial
> cameras came first. When the shutter mechanism was changed, the camera
was
> changed to the red dial model. The black dial model synchs at 1/25 and
the;
> the red dial at 1/50. The red dial models with self timers are hot in
the collector's market now and my be priced beyond their value.

Having gone through the same selection process in the last 6 months, the
big difference between the IIIf red and black dial is that when the
shutter was improved for the red dial, it was made much lighter and
quieter. Compare the two side by side , I would  pick a red dial every
time. The sync speeds on the dial allow the use with any sort of flash.

--
John Cooper