To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: More Russar questions
From: "joe b." <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 03:27:22 +0100

In article <memo.142030@cix.compulink.co.uk>, David Morton
<dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk> writes
>the man in the shop today said they vignetted badly.

The man in the shop may have been telling you what is euphemistically
called a porkie. Maybe he thought he could get you to spend more...

>He also said that he didn't see the point in putting a non-Leitz lens on
>a Leica, and I could understand that.

The point is its fun, it's interesting, and it's possible. And you can
get good lenses to use on a threadmount camera without selling all your
furniture.

> But is the vignetting a real
>problem? The one I've seen is only UKP260 with finder, I could *never*
>justify a Super-Angulon.

There is a web page from Photon archives that features a review of this
very lens. It's moved and I had to hunt for it, but here it is;

http://194.143.182.105/photon/april95/russar.html
--
joe b.