To: "'leica-users'" <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: RE: Rangefinder Vertical Alignment
From: KEVIN BURKE <KBURKE@iterated.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 96 10:35:00 EDT
Encoding: 20 TEXT

>The M4's were all quite subject to the need for constant attention to both
>vertical and horizontal (range) alignment.  I got used to carrying a bunch
>of screwdrivers with me where-ever I went ...

This is starting to sound interesting.  Can one get to the RF adjustments
without taking the top-plate off of the later M cameras?  I've seen pix of
the M6 RF assembly in several books that looked like it had a couple of
longish, spring loaded screws accessable from the top.  Is it easy to take
off the top plate?  How about the film wind mechanism?  Is it carried within
the top plate, coming off when the top is removed?

An earlier post mentioned a special tool for adjusting the RF alignment in
the M6.  Anyone know where these can be found?

Thanks,

 - Kevin

kburke@iterated.com