To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: The Eternal CL and M Leicas
From: doctorc8@entertain.com (Henry Chu)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 12:49:16 -0600

>All this talk about the CL makes me want to have my CL refurbished and
>recalibrated. I haven't used it in years. I've not been happy with any
>of the local San Francisco leica-repair shops. Does anybody have any
>recommendations for a top-quality CL cleanup/calibrate shop?

Brian,

Four years ago I sent my CL to Leica USA for service after I had dropped it
in the mountains while hiking.  They did a prompt and marvelous job which
included a CLA and rangefinder repair.  That was four years ago.  Recently
John Van Stelten (Focal Point) has done rangefinder work for me but he
dislikes the CL.  Scowls everytime I bring them in, but does a nice job.

Henry