To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Hmm Great new question - AGE
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 1996 20:01:11 -0700

At 07:56 PM 10/6/96 -0400, you wrote:

>I am thinking about selling my F4 and upgrading to a used leica. My
>first question is what types of photography are better suited to the
>rangefinder system. I enjoy photography where I have time to talk to my
>subjects but still want the freedom and the speed to make candid photos.

You sound like an indeal candidate for the M system. With it's lenses, you
tend to be close to the subject. As Robert Capa said, "If your pictures
aren't good enough, you aren't close enough!"

For candid shots, the M is an ideal camera. Espeically after you learn to
use hyperfocal focusing, and getting a fell for setting focus close to
right without even looking. It's very quick, and you can even see the
person's eyes and whether they are open during the "click."

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

Replies: Reply from Donald Levan <levandon@cps.acast.nova.edu> (Re: Hmm Great new question - AGE)