To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, dlevy@worldy.com
Subject: Re: Hmm Great new question - AGE
From: Pablo_Mendoza@ROOSEVELT-PROVOST.ucsd.edu
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 08:48:00 -0700

     Just finished reading the thread, so here are my particulars.

     Presently, I am 33. A Student Affairs Officer at UCSD.

     When I was working in a camera store back in the eighties,
     at the age of 20, I started looking into Leicas.  I previously used
     Canon and Konica, as well as the old Petri 7s rangefinder I had since
     age 12 from my mother. I acquired my first Leicas and Nikons while
     working here.

     My first Leica was the Leitz/minolta CL w/40 M-Rokkor. Then I
     completed the set with a second CL. 90 M-Rokkor(Leitz version), and a
     28 M-Rokkor, and a CLE body.  I used this set up in college and grad
     school until 1992.  With the battery problems and the expense of
     repairs to my CLs and CLE, I sold everything but the 28 M-Rokkor.

     I now shoot with an M6, 50 NF-Summicron, 21 f3.4 Super Angulon and the
     28 M-Rokkor.  I still maintain my Nikon SLRs (FE2's & FM2n's), for the
     PC lenses, Micros and the two lenses I converted over to Nikon F,
     Minolta 24 VFC and Canon Tilt/Shift.

     The Leica lenses are just a joy to shoot with.  To use a previous
     analogy, SLRs are the sedans of the camera world, rangefinders are the
     no frills sports cars.

     Pablo
     pmendoza@ucsd.edu