To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Hmm Great new question - AGE
From: dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 96 06:08 BST-1
Cc: dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk

Michael Bell wrote:

> My M3 is from before I was born.  I listen to LPs that are older than I
> am
> through tube amps that are older than I am.  Somehow I feel there must
> be a
> connection between the glow of an RCA Living Stereo LP and a Lecia
> lens.  I
> think I was born at the wrong time.

A friend of mine bought an M3 in a garage sale in Capetown not long ago
(with lens, for 300 quid...WAAAA!), followed in quick succession by a
1960s Martin guitar, some old Quad HiFi, a Bolex 16mm movie camera, and a
Mini Cooper S...

dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk      |  "The loss of an old man
david@cassandra.compulink.co.uk  |  is like the destruction
Kilburn, London, England.        |  of a library"