To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: New Cameras -- Street and Retail Prices
From: "Glenn Wm. Thrall" <gthrall@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 1996 05:06:10 -0700

October 8, 1996

The following note was cut from the Nikon Digest and discusses the retail and
"street" price of the new Nikon F5. The Leica R8 will be sold at my local camera
store (Lee Mac Cameras in Pasadena, California) for about the same price as the F5
"street price" in New York.

Wonder what the R8 "street price" will be?

===============

Subject: F5 retail US price

In the new Nikon product catalog, the F5's retail price in the United
States is listed at $3,350.  Viewfinder screens are retail $66.

------------------------------

Subject: F5 price at B&H

B&H in New York expects its shipment of new Nikon F5 cameras to arrive
tomorrow (Tuesday, Oct. 8).  It has no waiting list as B&H will not sell
them until they have them.

The price?  $2,795, which is only a 16.6% discount, much less than B&H's
normal discount.  I think I will wait until 1997, after the holiday season
and after the initial demand may have been satiated.  Perhaps then B&H's
discount may have been recalculated!

Glenn

Glenn Wm. Thrall
gthrall@ix.netcom.com