To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Emotive lenses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 1996 08:22:53 -0700

At 06:08 AM 10/8/96 BST-1, you wrote:
>I keep seeing references to it, what *is* Shutterbug?

It used to be a wonderful little classified ad tabloid. Yellow paper,
nothing but classifieds. Now it's a big oversized magazine that has way too
many cheesy articles by mediocre to terrible photographers talking like
they know what they're talking about.

For example, the pictures in November that are remarkably bad are by Rober
Mayer testing a Vivitar 19-35 zoom. The guy couldn't take a picture to save
his life. They're so dark (slide film in mercury vapor light? Give me....er
how terrible!) you can hardly see the subject, and it's bathed in green.

But the classifieds are still useful, and the ads have mostly honest
dealers, unlike the New York Collection in most other mags. Not that all
the dealers are bad in the other mags, but Shutterbug has a different
group, mostly.

Oh, and it's based in the U.S. but has a few Canadian dealers.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR