To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leicaflex
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 1996 00:37:39 -0700

At 05:42 PM 10/8/96 +0200, you wrote:
>It sounds and feels very much unlike the other two cameras. A Leica R4 and a
>Minolta XD7 sound and feel very much alike, try operating the wind-on
lever, fire
>the shutter. You'll know what I'm talking about...

Sorry, but I could do that with thick gloves. But then I've used R4s for
about 13 years. Besides, the R4 is based on the XD-11, the R3 was based on
the XD-7.

And the differences were more inside. The film advance, and the shutter and
body shell were about the only things they had in commmon. The mirror,
pentaprism, electronics and many other parts were completely different.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

Replies: Reply from "joe b." <joe-b@dircon.co.uk> (Re: Leicaflex)