To: "Leica Users Group" <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>, "Eric Welch" <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Subject: Re: continuing emotion
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 96 01:13:44 -0700

>I just want to point out the point of disagreement is flawed. I didnt' say
>they don't make good lenses. They make great ones, they're just too blue
>for my taste. (Being raised on Leica, that makes sense -- their lenses are
>warmer.)

Leica lenses are theoretically warmer, however the photos I took nearly
back to back with the Leica M/50 Summicron-M and Rollei 35 Classic/40
Zeiss
Sonnar HFT are nearly indistinguishable in color balance, saturation,
crispness and evenness of illumination. They were shot on a soft day
in London, late August, as the evening came on. Same film, same
processor ... As I say, almost literally indistinguishable. Only
way I can tell which is which is from the wider angle of view of
the Zeiss lens.

Godfrey