To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Lowe or Sundog ? Or alternatives ?
From: "joe b." <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 00:52:36 +0100

In article <memo.500363@cix.compulink.co.uk>, David Morton
<dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk> writes
>The trouble is that anything significantly larger, and with adequate
>padding, seems to say "HELLO EVERYONE, I'M A CAMERA BAG!", and - after
>the recent experiences of our friend with the muggers - that's not
>something I find acceptable.
>At the moment I'm improvising with ordinary bags and bubble wrap, and
>looking at those little 'Zing' bags with drawstrings, but it's fiddly.
>Does anyone have a line on 'stealth' camera bas?

The bag I've been using when going out with more equipment than can be
concealed about my person is a zip-up bag with short handles and
shoulderstrap (carried by the handles), of the type that the more
athletic types use to carry their sports gear in. I actually crammed an
ordinary cardboard box of the right size into it and use large amounts
of bubble-wrap. And I wear trainers (I hope that does not translate into
something like "baby sanitary apparel" overseas- or for that matter
toddlers' shoes with soles that come up the back.. I mean Nike
footwear). This combination has the advantage of suggesting I am a
physical person who would not be one to mess with. This is rather far
from the case, but sometimes apearances are important!
--
joe b.