To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Film preferences
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 00:08:15 -0700

At 09:35 AM 10/10/96 -0700, you wrote:
>are 98% of them difficult to get good sharpness and color fidelity
>is very tricky. Amazing to see my darkroom so accurately reflected
>in a scanner/computer system.

Slides are my preference for scanning at work, but our ancient Nikon
scanner doesn't seem to like negatives. They take about three times as long
to scan as slides. And it also translates to better scans. Your problem
might be a software one. Seems Polaroid had problems with one type of film
when the original came out, maybe some software upgrades might fix your
problem.

How big are you scanning your pictures? (and if you want, send private
email if others aren't inerested in this non-Leica topic.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR