To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Shutterbug
From: "Craig W. Shier" <shier@mnsinc.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 06:42:32 -0400

I attended a seminar at Photopro in Washington D.C. this spring where the
speaker rather passionately explained how he was no longer welcome to
contribute to a couple of unspecified magazines for which he had been a
regular.  The reason was he had been publicly critical of the products of a
key advertiser.  Given the large number of ads in the popular photo mags it
is unfortunate but not surprising that their editorial policy is heavily
influenced by advertisers.

At 09:04 AM 10/10/96 -0700, you wrote:
>At 05:22 PM 10/9/96 -0400, you wrote:
>>Eric said Bob Shell doesn't really like every camera that comes along, but
>>rather wouldn't do a review of a bad product to avoid hurting it.  Still,
<snip>
Craig W. Shier
shier@mnsinc.com