To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
From: Chuck Warman <cwarman@wf.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 08:51:31 -0500

At 07:35 PM 10/11/96 -0700, Stephen Gandy wrote:
>Guys,  what about Leica's?
>
>If we stay off course long enough on NON-LEICA subjects this
>mailing list will self destruct.
>
>For the record, when I read this list I could care less about
>
>	Alpas
>	Shutterbug ownership/editorial or picture content
>	Real or Imagined Ethnic Slurs
>	Sales gone Bad
>	Minolta slrs (they have a list too--come to think of it, maybe
>			all of the above does for all I know)
>	ANYTHING ELSE  not related to Leicas or taking pictures with them
>
>I might be wrong, but I have the feeling that the majority of the list
>would agree with me.

Stephen,

Let me suggest a different perspective.  In my experience, Leica owners are
an introspestive, philosophical, idiosyncratic bunch. I thoroughly enjoy
the menaderings of of some of the threads - I've learned good stuff there,
and I simply enjoy the occasional rabbit trail.

I also subscribe to a flyfishing list with about 1500 subscribers. In the
past year or so, discussions have swerved into brands of Scotch, political
correctness on the stream, best bed and breakfasts, best outdoor hats, and
several other subjects that are, at best, peripherally related to
flyfishing. Those threads, like the Alpa and Shutterbug threads on this
list, have been some of the most enjoyable and/or enlightening.

I agree that the non-Leica conversations shouldn't wander *too* far afield,
or last more than a few days. But I *learn* from you guys, and more than
just gear-related info. I'd hate to see our discussions totally
straitjacketed.

Chuck
Chuck Warman
cwarman@wf.net     (Wichita Falls, TX)
"The abdication of Belief / makes the Behavior small."
                                 ----Emily Dickinson