To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Photo Magazines
From: "Charles E. Albertson" <chucko@eskimo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 09:48:26 -0700

Eric, et al.---

     The "Reportage" I know of wasn't French, it was published in Britain by
Colin Jacobson, the former photo editor of the Independent on Sunday. I
don't believe it's still being published, and that's too bad --- good
stories, good reproduction.
     Another one which *may* have passed on is "Themes," published in
Belgium by John Vink of the Magnum agency. I haven't seen it in the States,
but I picked up a couple of back numbers in London about a year ago
(Koudelka's panoramic photos of the Black Triangle, Nikos Economopoulos'
photos that were later published in his book, "In the Balkins" --- great
stuff). "Themes" has a Web site, which doesn't appear to have been updated
in several months, leading me to wonder whether it has also folded. Perhaps
someone on the list in Europe has more definitive information.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.