To: "Leica Users Group" <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: HandHeld Meter
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 96 01:35:57 -0800

I recently traded my ancient Gossen LunaPro, my similarly
ancient Minolta Autometer III and a fairly new Gossen Pilot
2 to obtain a Sekonic Digi Lite F L328 meter and 5 degree
spot viewfinder after spending a lot of time playing with
every meter I could get my hands on. I found the size and
weight of this meter to be just about perfect and the
controls/readout to be very intuitive and difficult to make
a mistake with. It has just enough features to do anything
I will ever want, and not enough to make me forget how it
works between times I use it.

I use the incident light measuring mode most of the time
as I've nearly always found that to be a more accurate way
to obtain precise exposure, but the 5 degree spot attachment
is useful when I'm trying to measure a difficult scene or
trying to gauge flash fill balances accurately. It's a very
versatile meter even though it has about 1/3 the features
of some of the other meters I looked at.

Godfrey