Subject: Re: Minolta CLE and TTL flash
From: dlevy@worldy.com
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 19:36:25 -0400

At 09:26  10/10/96 DST, you wrote:

>Hello,
>I just made a little study on the TTL flash possibilities of the CLE.
>The metz sca system works with the 331 adapter (that's what I use).
>You can also use the minolta auto ???X flashunits but then you don't have
>TTL flash. Only thing you have is automatic shuttersynchronisation when
>using the 'A' program, automatic shut off the flashunit when there is enough
>available light for normal exposure and flash ready signal in the
>viewfinder. These flashunits are recognizable by the two contacts in the
>hot-shoe connection. When you use a Minolta auto ???PX flash, recognizable
>by the three contacts, you have full TTL-flash possibilities.
>Also other brands (like Vivitar) have made dedicated flasunits for
>Minolta.Always make sure that there are three contacts in the hotshoe
>connenction.
>
>Best regards,
>
>                Michiel.

Now I find out I just gave away the beginning of a CLE system. I just traded
out a Minolta 400si for a Polaroid 195. When I got the 400, I was given a
Minolta flash which i think was a 200X and it had 3 contacts. I threw in the
flash though it was not compatible with the 400. Had we discussed this 2
weeks ago, I would have saved the flash and it would have justified to
acquisition of a CLE system. BOY, DID I EVER BLOW IT!
Brian Levy, J.D.
Toronto, Ont.
dlevy@worldy.com