Subject: G-Hologon to fit Leica M (was Price of Zeiss Hologon)
From: Bert Keuken <bert.keuken@pi.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 09:35:39 +0200

Tay Shyan wrote:
> =

> Can we convert the Zeiss G-Hologon to fit Leica-M?
> Not heard of it...maybe you can shed some light.
> Thanks
> =

> SHYAN

Yes it's really possible. I attended this year's Photokina last month.
I've seen two Leica's on display fitted with a Contax G-Hologon lens. =

Conversion to Leica M isn't cheap and can even be reversed back to =

Contax G.

A German firm does the conversion for DM 1790,- (German Marks), you'll =

have bring in your own Contax G-Hologon though. It's also possible to =

order the G-Hologon plus the conversion. (In their catalog the G-Hologon =

is listed for DM 4798,-)

Note: Lenses are converted by special order only, no serial production. =

Not to be used with Leica M5 or Leica CL. No TTL exposure measurement =

with an M6. Bear in mind the G-Hologon isn't widely available, you could =

be in for a long wait.

Foto Schaja
Maximillianstrasse 32
80539 M=FCnchen (Munich, Germany)