Subject: Slow speed dial
From: uh3b207@hpmail.lrz-muenchen.de
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 10:32:57 +0200 (METDST)

I have a IIIa which has a separate dial for the slow speeds
(1/20 - 1 sec) on its front. I was told it's important that the
slow speed dial is set to "20" when I use the faster speeds. However,
when I change the lens, I frequently turn the dial inadvertently.
Usually it takes some time until I notice it.

Can somebody tell me what happens inside the camera if the
slow speed dial is turned? What effect does it have if it
is turned away from the "20" while using a faster speed?
Up to now I haven't seen an effect on my pictures.

Rainer Mueller
Munich, Germany