Subject: V35 Focomat
From: ATANOVIC <ATANOVIC@genre.com>
Date: 16 Oct 96 19:36:01

>>Are the Focomats still available?  I heard that they were
>>discontinued.
>
>From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
>They ARE discontinued but there are still some unsold units floating
>around.  And even the V35 is readily available used, though even used
>the price is quite hefty.
>
>Marc

As Marc says, there are still some in the pipeline.  But I wouldn't be
too complacent if you're thinking about buying one new.  I happened
to be in the highest-volume Leica shop in Tokyo today (the rather
unfortunately-named Lemon Camera), and besides the floor display
model they had only one left in stock.

Parts were already becoming a problem even before the
discontinuation, the salesman told me.  He showed me an unfilled
back order for glassless negative carriers dating back to last
December.

Adrian Tanovic
Tokyo