Subject: Now a Leica User
From: PBruceW@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 17:49:17 -0400

After having lurked here for awhile, I guess I am now a Leica user.  Through
the eBay auction web site, I have purchased a <<Leica IIIf Camera(red
dial),excellent condition,with original instruction booklet. Shutter speeds
25,50,75,100,200,500,1000. Original leather case (condition good). Serial
#6365xx.  Camera includes lens; Leitz Elmar 5cm 1:3.5 >>

Can anyone tell me anything about what I have bought.  I certainly hope it is
not the proverbial pig-in-a-poke, though from what I have learned here it is
not.  I would be interested in knowing the age of the camera, and anything
else which would be interesting or significant.  I am certainly glad that it
has the original instruction book with it.  Any idea of the value, given that
I don't know the actual condition for sure?  I am paying $535.00 for it,
complete.

Finally, what is the definitive reference guide on the screw mount Leica's,
since I will now be interested in accesories and other lenses for the camera?
 :-)

Thanks for ahy help.  I am delighted to finally be a part of your group!

Paul Webb
Lynchburg, VA, USA