Subject: Re: Hektor 135mm /SM
From: Clevenson2@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 09:24:58 -0400

Hi Rainer,
	I don't have a good explanation for why the 135 Hektor is such a good deal,
but it certainly is. I now own three of them. One I use as a normal
rangefinder-coupled lens and the other two are used with the viso/bellows
combination for macro work.
	The lens is fine (as far as I can tell) and is one of the few Leitz lenses
that can still be found for less than $200 in good shape.
	It's a farily simple design (not much glass in it); maybe that has something
to do with it. Maybe it's because people prefer a 90 for portraits and
something like a 200 for telephoto. I've used mine for portraits and been
happy with the results.
	Enjoy it,

Corey Levenson
San Antonio