Subject: Re: leica on tv and record covers
From: "Mike Hardaker" <hardaker@iafrica.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 23:46:18 +0200

Hello David!

Ddin't know you hung out here....

Thanks to the Rand being in free-fall, I seem to have paid less for my M3
than I first thought. I've been going through ads on the Web and I now
really understand why Germans buy everything Leitz they find when they
visit South Africa.

For example, I see that an Ex++ Visoflex II is currently being advertised
for UKP 199, while mine just cost - at current exchange rates - about UKP
35. I could have got it for half this, but I was in a hurry...

The M3 wasn't *that* cheap, but about UKP 300 for a 'used' M3 with a
close-focus Summicron 50 ain't bad, I suppose...

I've decided to invest any savings in Leica, as I think it's a helluva lot
more worthwhile than leaving it in the bank. Also, until I sell things off
(in Germany?) I can have loads of fun using the stuff.

Cheers, Mike

- ----------
> From: David Morton <dmorton@journalist.co.uk>
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Cc: dmorton@journalist.co.uk
> Subject: Re: leica on tv and record covers
> Date: 06 November 1996 1:51 pm
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I've just joined the list and planned to lurk for a bit
>
> And then upset everyone by telling them how little you paid for your
M3...
> :-)
>

> David Morton                 | "The reason that Korean companies are
> Technical Director           | investing here is that wages in large
> Speed Publications Ltd.      | parts of the UK have fallen well below
> dmorton@journalist.co.uk     | Korea. Following years of economic
> 104707.2434@compuserve.com   | failure, we can also boast a cowed and
> Kilburn, London, England.    | pliant workforce." (Simon Hoggart)

e-mail: hardaker@iafrica.com                  |
        mike@sacb.co.za                       | "I'd like to reassure you
        hardaker@journalist.co.uk             |  But I'm not that
        mhardaker@cix.compulink.co.uk         |        kind of guy."
WWW:    http://mickey.iafrica.com/~hardaker/  |
Tel:    +27 ((0)21) 419 0799                  |      - Robyn Hitchcock
Fax:    +27 ((0)21) 419 0787                  |