Subject: Re: Viewing slides
From: doctorc8@stout.entertain.com (Henry Chu)
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 22:09:17 -0700

>I have just begun to shoot slides and find them much more rewarding than
>color prints.  Is there anything available between a light box and loupe and
>a projector and screen?  The small plastic viewers all appear to be of very
>low quality; dim and distorted.  Can anyone recommend a viewer or viewing
>system that provides some reasonable magnification, illumination and
>clarity?  I live in a very small house and convenient storage of a projector
>and screen is a problem.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Steve

Steve,

Another alternative is projector with a built-in viewing screen.  I believe
Telex makes these units.  They are similar to Kodak Carousel projecters but
with a box underneath it which contain the lens, the mirror system and the
screen.  Slides can be viewed on the internal screen (about 16" x 16") or
can be projected.  They are handy devices for previewing slides.

Henry