Subject: Re: Okay, Guys, A LUG FAQ It Shall Be
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 16:35:56 -0500

Here are some suggestions for sections to include in the Leica SLR
section of the FAQ:

1. Bodies
   a. What SLRs have been made by Leica?
   b. What are the differences between the SLR models?

2. Lenses
   a. What SLR lenses have been offered by Leica?
   b. Which Leica SLR lenses are made by manufacturers other than Leica?
   c. What third-party manufacturers have made lenses for Leica SLRs?
   d. Can Leica SLR lenses be fitted to cameras made by other manufacturers?
   e. Can lenses made for other cameras be fitted to Leica SLRs?

3. Accessories
   a. What electronic flashes are suitable for use with Leica SLRs?
   b. What (non-flash) accessories are available for use with Leica SLRs?

4. Service
   a. Where can I have my Leica serviced?
   b. How can I have the fungus damage on my lens repaired?

5. Buying
   a. Where should I buy a new Leica?
   b. Is it sensible to buy a used Leica?
   c. Where should I buy a used Leica?

6. Questions that make us groan
   a. Aren't Leica SLRs (SLR lenses) made by Minolta?
   b. Which Leica lenses are "better," those made for the rangefinder
      cameras, or those made for the SLRs?
   c. Why would anyone buy a Leica SLR rather than a (insert major-brand
      Japanese camera)?
   d. A camera expert told me that Leica R4 SLR's frequently explode,
      killing the user.  Is it true?
   e. Aren't rangefinders the only true Leicas?
   f. Are German-made Leica lenses and bodies better than those made
      in Leica plants in Canada or Portugal?