Subject: Re: Noctilux f1
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 05:49:36 -0600

At 07:22 PM 11/11/96 +1100, you wrote:
>Dear LUG,
>
>I am hoping to ignite a little passionate discussion on the Noctilux f1
>lens for the M series Leica. How do people use it, on what cameras, in what

<snip>

Alastair,

I had one once for a while.  Memory?? - weight!!  Actually, I used it to
photograph a Swedish Christmas celebration at a Christmas supper.  All
candlelight - "Lucia" festival with a candlelight procession and one of the
girls wears a wreath on her head with candles (now usually small lights).
Shot rather slow slide film (not bright on my part) - 1/15 or so, as I
remember it, at f/1.0, bracing the camera.  Came out great!!

Also used it in bright sunlight and the pictures were sharp with a bit less
color saturation than a 50/2.0, but not all that much less.  Finally sold it
as is was too heavy to carry along, had no compelling need for it.  Its a
f/1.0 lens and meant to be used at f/1.0, usable at other openings.  I opted
for the 50/2.0 and struggle at low light with it.

Dick Hemingway
Norman, Ok