Subject: Re: M6 TTL flash metering
From: "Charles E. Love, Jr." <cel14@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 17:25:07 -0500 (EST)

At 08:39 AM 11/15/96 -0500, you wrote:
>From Carl Muhlstein in Los Angeles 818-980-8877
>I am somewhat new to Leica M6 photography and tryed a Nikon SB25 flash in the
>non-TTL mode with less than spectacular results. A Metz representative
>recently showed me a $500+ TTL system which included an adapter cord. Has
>anyone had any luck using any adapters to get TTL usage from a SB25? I'd
>rather save the $500 towards my next lens! I would also appreciate some
>reader's comments on flash photography with the M6. Keep up the good work.

The M6, sad to say, has only a hot shoe, no TTL capability.  I can't imagine
what the Metz guy showed you, unless it was a Metz flash that could be
adapted, using the SCA thingies, to cameras that do have TTL capability.  If
you want some flash automation with the M6, then I suggest you get a flash
with an electric cell on the front that takes reflected light readings off
the subject and tells the flash when to turn off.  BTW, the M6 also has an
extremely low synch speed, so it's not the ideal camera for use with flash.
If you really want to use one of the current super-flashes like the SB-25 to
its full capability, you'll have to get a different camera.
Charles E. Love, Jr.
CEL14@CORNELL.EDU