Subject: good ancillary rangefinders
From: Jack Campin <jack@purr.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 01:54:23 +0000

Marc Small (msmall@roanoke.infi.net) wrote:
> scale focusing a 200mm lens is an artistic device few of us could master.
> Better a Viso II, IIa, or III with an easily obtained OUBIO adapter.

For some applications, an extra-wide-base rangefinder would be more
convenient - such things don't have to be as bulky as this combination.

Except that I've never seen an ancillary rangefinder intermediate in size
between dire and fiddly little things made rather cheaply and with a very
dark image, and huge military rangefinders intended for aiming howitzers.
There ought to be something in this gap, surely?