Subject: Re: MR-9 battery converter
From: Erich Franz Stocker <stocker@tsdis02.nascom.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 09:56:14 -0500

Chris:

The MR-9 battery converter is made by a Japanese firm. It was
described in the Oct 1996 issue of Popular Photo. Is is a
microprocessor circuit whose major function is to match the
output of the 76 silver batteries to those of the 625 mercury.

I ordered one (will eventually order another) from the company and
was told that they had to be ordered from Japan.  It has been
~6 weeks since my order and I haven't received one yet. However,
if Steve just got his maybe I will get mine also.

This unit should handle the problem of the quick loss of power
which appears to be a major issue with the zinc battery approach
used by Wein cell replacements.  However, the unit does cost
$29.95 plus shipping.

Erich

| Erich Franz Stocker         |
| TSDIS Project Manager       |