Subject: Re: Light, portable camera
From: dlevy@worldy.com
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 17:22:01 -0500

Since Leica owns Minox, I think this is appropriate.

Godfrey,
One of the considerations when I was deciding whether to get the Minox or
Rollei was a concern that the collapsible Rollei lens could become sloppy
and the alignment would suffer. The Minox seemed like a somewhat better
solution to the problem, being more akin to the old folder concept. I had
experience with the old Kodak Pony 135 which had a design similar to the
Rollei and it was a problem. Have you experienced any problems in this area.

The Olympus RC was a great little camera. I used to use it along with
several of the half-frame models, and they sold me on the quality of Olympus
glass. In fact if I had a desire to acquire an SLR (other than Contax), it
would be the Olympus.

Thank you for your comments. I thought I was possibly one only a few who had
a near love affair with this type of camera. I can come out of the closet
now.  I do think that one of the reasons I am so sold on my CL is because it
is about the same size of these cameras, but has the added ability to swap
lenses (though actually I only mount the 90mm occasionally). I think that if
you review those that actually use the CL, you may find that they are not as
fragile as others assert. From the several threads on this group, I am not
so sure the M series is not as fragile in some areas. A weak point of the M6
seems to be the rangefinder.

Brian Levy, J.D.
Agincourt Ont.
dlevy@worldy.com