Subject: Re: Leitz M6 vs. Leica M6
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@spherenet.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 17:02:34 -0400

At 06:13 AM 18/11/96 -0700, Roger wrote:

>Yes, they do on late production M6s. Don't know when this began. Don't know
>whether it coincided with the beginning of Solms production or not. STM that
>I saw a reference to it in Rogliatti. Will have a look later tonight if no
>one chimes in before that.
>
>Handy, in that you know right away that the lens cap is on.

I was once doing some portrait shots of a model using my M6.  She was
standing there, and I was trying to use the camera to get a meter reading,
to no avail.  I was cursing away, thinking that this was a fine time for the
batteries to give out, when I noticed that the lens cap was on.  Very
embarrassing .  She was not to impressed!

Dan C.