Subject: Re: Light, portable camera
From: Oddmund Garvik <garvik@i-t.fr>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 00:38:26 -0800

Some days ago I sent an e-mail to Leica Camera AG, with some comments on
Leica Minilux. I also asked them if they intend to come out with a new
version soon. I got two answers which I bring you for information.

Subject: Minilux-x?
Date:    Mon, 18 Nov 1996 16:12:43 +-100

Dear Mr. Garvik,

thank you very much for your ideas regarding a new Minilux. I agree with
you that the viewfinder, for example, could be better placed than in the
middle. Your other ideas are also of great value to us and I have
forwarded them to the Product Manager in charge of our compact cameras.
Hopefully you will be satisfied with the follow up model once it is
available (the Minilux will be around for quite some time). There is
hope for you, but you have to be patient.

> dear mr. garvik,
> thank you very much much for your e-mail. we are not intending to introduce a camera of the type you describe in the near future due to cost-, space- and technical reasons. The customer response concerning this camera is so far excellent and we think that our concept generally met the demands of the customers/target group. I hope that you will purchase this high quality camera without the features that you have mentioned and will be convinced by its extra-ordinary results.
> best regards

- ---
That's it, those of us who would like to see a light, portable
Minileica, with auto and manual functions, will have to wait. In the
mean time we can always stick to the concurrents.

Vive la concurrence!

Oddmund