Subject: Re: Contaflex
From: Reg Ronaldson <reg.ronaldson@zetnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 23:55:02 GMT

In message <m0vPvZC-000GVQC@nanospace.com>
        granson@nanospace.com (Grant Wilson) writes:

> This is off the subject of the list, so perhaps someone could respond via
> e-mail.

> I was reminded by the recent discussion of Contaflex cameras that they have
> interchangable backs similar to the Contarex.  I have use for such a system.
> Does anyone know of a reliable source for information regarding the
> Contaflex system, especially an objective assessment of the quality of the
> various lenses.

> Thanks

Hello Grant,
I use a Contaflex Super and have 3 interchangeable backs. They work
quite well but you need to follow a strict procedure to use them
successfully and not lose any frames.
As regards books, there is the Contaflex Manual by Edward S. Bomback
published by Fountain Books, London but this is well out of print now
but perhaps a second-hand book shop in your area might have a book
search facility to find you a used copy. There is the Zeiss Ikon
Compendium which has a section on the Contaflex and this is a current
publication..
You might also ask Marc James Small who subscribes to this group and
is a ZI enthusiast.

- --
Reg Ronaldson         Norwich
                      Norfolk