Subject: Re: Why do we have cameras?
From: Oddmund Garvik <garvik@i-t.fr>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 07:42:57 -0800

Roger L. Beamon wrote:

> Though only Oddmund has responded so far, it perfectly
> illustrates my point. Oddmund's response hasn't a shred of Leica in it. Of
> course, and not surprisingly, his lengthy discourse on "why photograph" or
> whatever its title was, also has no relevance to Leica.
> May I ask a favor? This involves many more than just, you, Hans. My comment
> is directed to all, but your post acted as the trigger.
> Yes, oh great one with all the knowledge. We know what pathos means. This
> *was* the Leica Users List! (Or was it? It's been so long, that I'm having a
> problem remembering.)
> --
and so on

Well, here is a guy who wants to show us what to do and how to do it.
Roger, your comments about me are quite cheap and Leica is more than a
camera. I thought you knew that. What the hell are you doing in this
"Leica Historical Society of America"? Get off the blinkers!

I am a Leica, Rollei, Contax and Nikon user, but first of all I am a
photographer. I have no time to run around in all the *photo* related
forums on Usenet. I am subscribing to the Leica User Group and the
Rollei list, and I will stay. I will continue posting messages on items
which I consider "Leica relevant", just like you and the others.

Oddmund