Subject: Re: good add-on rangefinders
From: dlevy@worldy.com
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 15:03:13 -0500

Didn't the company who made the integral rangefinder for the Graphic line
originally make an accy. for the company which predated the integral
reangefinder? I can't remember the name, but it Kal something or other and I
have a Hugo Meyer which is > 4.5" long which I use for my Vito and Ikonta.
It came with an odd sized shoe, but I removed it and adapted a piece so it
would fit in the accy shoe.

At 03:42 PM 11/21/96 +0000, you wrote:
>I asked this just before the Arthur Wouk Deluge demolished the list;
>so I'm not surprised it didn't get an answer - I suppose most readers
>just binned every message for a few days without reading it.
>
>This was prompted by Marc Small's comment that practically nobody can
>scale focus a 200mm lens, hence Visoflexes.  It occurred to me that an
>add-on rangefinder ought to be lighter, but that I'd never seen one
>the right size for this job; the kind you get in camera shop junk bins
>are designed for relatively short lenses, and are usually too dark to
>be usable anyway.  The next step up seems to be humungous ex-army things
>used for aiming howitzers, with a baseline measured in feet.
>
>Is there anything in between? - bright enough to see through, base wide
>enough for a 200-400mm lens, small enough to go in your pocket?

>jack@purr.demon.co.uk  -  Jack Campin, 2 Haddington Place, Edinburgh EH7 4AE

Brian Levy, J.D.
Agincourt Ont.
dlevy@worldy.com